Thursday, October 9, 2014

Hello, Opal

You ready for something new?

Whew, I am also.  I have been hoarding this awesome Opal Owl fabric for over a year and have been waiting for just the right moment.  That moment, ladies and gentlemen, has come.

Meet Opal . . .


So bright and so Partridge Family.  I am smitten.

She comes in two versions.  The Little Opal Dress in a sizes 2, 3, and 4:


Feminine ruffle collared, billowy sleeves, and fun purple hidden pockets.


The Big Opal Tunic in sizes 5, 6, and 8:


 Simple round neck and cropped sleeves, hidden purple pockets, and a high-low bottom to modernize the Brady Bunch fabric.

Bright button closures.  I'm crazy about the keyholes.  Oh, and the bright purple back of the tunic is so bright and so gorgeous.




And while we're having introductions, meet our sweet little neighbor, Emily.




Emily's mom is a fellow Southerner (she has a bright Clemson flag displayed proudly in her yard), and she teachers her children to say y'all and add lots of syllable to their words.  I haven't been quite that fortunate as Mimi sounds like she grew up on a Wisconsin farm. 



There are several reasons I ADORE Emily.
1)  She is always, always happy.
2)  Those curls.  Oh, those curls.
3)  She is crazy about her big brother Max and wants to do everything he does -- including wearing his Spiderman sneakers.  And her awesome mom lets her.  Loooove that.  We were shocked that she put on the girly boots with the bows on the toes.  I guess she's learning from her wild neighbor Mimi.




I could eat.  Them.  Up.

So Emily normally wears a size 3 and sometimes a 4, and this particular dress is a 4 -- so it's a little big.  The cool thing about most of the dresses I make is that your little can wear them for at least two years if you order a size up.  

Mimi wears a size 5, but check out what she looks adorable in . . . 


Yep, it's the same size 4 dress.

Just a little shorter (which I LOVE) and the sleeves are a little cropped.





Oh, oh!  I found pockets!!


 It's a winner.  My toughest critic loves it!


The plan is to have these ready to sell at the end of next week (around October 16th).  I am adding a few more pieces and will give you a head's up when they are uploaded to my Big Cartel site.

Since several of you hard-working moms asked me to wait until the end of the day, I am happy to wait until about 7:00 PM to upload.

*The Little Opal Dress is inspired by THIS pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment