Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A little about mimi & mack

Three years ago I was browsing in an adorable children's boutique searching for the perfect baby gift for a new mommy friend.  I chose a simple top and ruffled bloomers set, and was shocked to see the price tag -- $60!  I've always loved, loved, loved shopping for my daughter and other little ones, but this was enough.  I could make that.  I knew I could.

So I bought a sewing machine on a whim and stayed up late at night practicing and cussing and ripping messed up seams (and cussing more), but I was so happy after finally making an outfit for Mimi.  I found a wonderful fabric store that let me spend as much time as I wanted browsing and asking questions.  Others like those sweet women were kind enough to give me suggestions and share patterns, and before I knew it I was in love.

The problem is that my daughter has more clothes than I can store in our small Chicago condo, so I'm ready to share a little.  And that's where you come into the picture with mimi & mack -- my new baby.  My hope is to come up with something new every 2-4 weeks and then take as many orders as I can handle.  I will sew mainly for girls sizes 2 - 8 (and possibly 10), but I may be able to sneak in a boy item occasionally.

By the way, please check out the recommended blogs and shops to the right -- I'm crazy about all of them.:)

This little number is coming up soon --

  

And, yes, that sweet little necklace is included.  Stay tuned for more details on how to order . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment